Website Security Policy
- The Cold Connect website has been established by Loup and affiliated companies.
- Two types of access have been established for the Cold Connect website:
- Public access sites contain information which is freely accessible, and may be viewed by any visitor. However, Loup maintains a copyright interest in the contents of all of its websites. Information posted on public access sites may not be distributed or copied without obtaining permission from Loup. Electronic information which is stored, transmitted, or processed on company computers or communication devices is the property of Loup or its affiliates (please see the Copyright Notice).
- Customer information sites provide restricted access to sensitive and proprietary business information. Gaining access to some types of Web-enabled information will require customers to register to view, retrieve, or process data provided by Loup. Parties so authorized may not divulge or transmit this information to other external parties without permission from Loup. Failure to comply with this security policy is punishable through loss of access and possible legal action for damages.
- User registration for secured access to a Loup website may be required when:
- A Web application or internal link requires user identification before processing.
- Accessed data has been classified as "business-sensitive" and requires further authorization.
- To facilitate site management, information may be collected for statistical purposes. Company computer systems can employ software programs to compile summary usage statistics, which may be used for assessing what information is relevant to users. The data so accumulated may be used to help determine technical design specifications, identify system performance, or pinpoint problem areas.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information via any Cold Connect Web service are strictly prohibited, and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- User ID and password policy:
- Access to sensitive or proprietary business information on Loup websites is limited to customers, clients and vendors who have been determined to have an appropriate business reason for having access to such data. All registered Web customers who are granted security access will be identified by a user name (referred to as the User ID). All actions performed with a User ID will be the responsibility of the ID's registered owner. To register or to view the registration requirements, please see the Customer Registration Request.
- Individuals who are granted password access to restricted information on Loup websites are prohibited from sharing those passwords with or divulging those passwords to any third parties. User will notify us immediately in the event a User ID or password is lost or stolen or if User believes that a non-authorized individual has discovered the User ID or password.
- By accepting password access to restricted Loup websites, the User agrees to protect the identity of the password from discovery by any unauthorized third parties. To protect against anyone acquiring your password, Loup suggests the following security measures:
- Never give out your User ID or password.
- Your password should be changed immediately if someone else identifies it. Loup policy prohibits the sharing of User IDs or passwords.
- The User is required to contact Loup's eBusiness department if there are any changes in personnel accessing our website (ex., employee leaving company).
- If you have any questions or comments regarding the Loup Website Security Policy, please contact Loup at 800-877-0266.
(c) Copyright Union Pacific Railroad Company. 1994-2017. All rights reserved.
No part of this program, product, software, or item, including the look or feel of the program, product, software, or item may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including the use of information storage and retrieval systems, without the express written permission of the Loup (or other appropriate corporate entity). This prohibition against unlawful or unauthorized reproduction is intended to include all U.S. domestic use as well as protections afforded under any international forum or law, including, but not limited to G.A.T.T.
Each individual document published by Loup on the World Wide Web may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information relating to that individual document.
Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right under any patent or trademark of Loup or any third party. Except as expressly provided above nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license or right under any Loup copyright.
Note that any product, process, or technology in this document may be the subject of other intellectual property rights reserved by Loup, and may not be licensed hereunder.
This publication is provided "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
Any Loup publication may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes may be periodically made to these publications; these changes will be incorporated in new editions of these publications. Loup may make improvements and/or changes in the products and/or the programs described in these publications at any time without notice.
Should any viewer of a Loup published document respond with information including feedback data, such as questions, comments, suggestions, or the like regarding the content of any such Loup document, such information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and Loup shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information to others without limitation. Further, Loup shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose whatsoever including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products incorporating such information.